Thank you for choosing the Quadrino Flight Controller. Before mounting your Quadrino board to your frame let's go through some initial setup and verification of the board's operation by following the guide below. You can click on any of the blocks in blue and mouse-over blocks for more detail.
If your computer does not recognize the Quadrino when you plug it into your USB port you may need to Install USB Drivers.
Be sure to read the Flight Check section at the bottom of this page before flight!
- Download the Firmware Config Tool
- This is an easy to use Wizard-style interface that makes preparing your Flight Controller a snap! This program is Adware and Spyware FREE.
- Configure Your Options
- Using the drop-downs and checkboxes configure your desired flight features. On the second page enter your serial# and hit LOOKUP and the tool will load your board configuration from our manufacturing database. (No personal information is sent, only the serial#.)
- Program the Board
- On the last page hit FLASH FIRMWARE and your options will be compiled and uploaded to the board.
- Download the MultiWii GUI
- On the same page as FLASH FIRMWARE, click the INSTALL MULTIWII CONFIG button and the Firmware Tool will download and install the MultiWii GUI. Click the button again to start the MultiWii GUI.
- Test Your Board
- The MultiWii GUI communicates with the board and shows a nice heads-up display. Select your COM port and hit START. Move the board around in space and see the display update with the orientation of the board - roll, pitch and yaw.
- If you notice roll and pitch do not match actual orientation then the accellerometer may need to be recalibrated. Lay your board flat on a table and hit the CALIB ACC button in the GUI. Wait a few seconds for the calibration to stabilize. You should also refer to the calibration of the magnetometer which must be calibrated each time you travel outside your local area.
- Mount the Board
- You are now ready to mount the board to the copter and wire in your ESCs and Receiver module.
- Flight Check
This step is very important to prevent the dreaded Wobble-of-Death or a crash situation.
- Now that you have your copter ready to fly you need to do a proper flight check. This means starting up the motors at the lowest power level and performing some basic checks. It may be best to do these checks on your floor with the props off.
- All motors must start and stop at the same time as you move the throttle to power-up or power-down. If any motors start late or stop early, then you must increment the MINTHROTTLE value in the Quadrino Firmware Tool (ESC tab) and reflash your firmware.
- At the lowest power output, moving the roll or pitch stick the motors should respond but never should any of them spin-down or sputter. If so, see MINTHROTTLE above.
- With props on but still at a very low power output, perform more roll and pitch stick movements and confirm the copter attempts to turn accordingly. This is best done on some grass for visual confirmation. If the copter doesn't respond as you expect, you probably have motors connected in the wrong order. By the way, if you are coming from another board such as the KK, the numbering and lettering of the motors
may not probably don't correspond.
For more information on the importance of MINTHROTTLE and tuning it, see this Knowledge Base article:
Wobble of Death while Banking the Copter during Flight